Monday, August 29, 2016

365 Days (August 27, 2016)

Hello Hello!

Happy Monday and PDay to you all! It's good to hear from ya and how the week was! It's crazy to think that my year mark is Friday! How crazy is that? It doesn't feel like it at all. I have absolutely loved the past year and all the experiences I've had and people I've met. I wouldn't trade it for the world. We had dinner with President and Sister Wright on Friday and he asked each of us what was something we loved about our missions. I have pondered on that a lot recently. I think for me it has been the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. That is something I've developed and grown to love and protect with all my heart. It's so special because I know it's something that no one can take away from me. It's all mine. I also know that it can (and will) get even stronger as I continue to do the things I need to to be able to strengthen it. I love my service as a missionary and the blessing that it is for me.

A lot of this last week was preparation for MLC, which was Friday. We helped do prep for President and Sister Wright and the assistants (and ourselves of course.) I'll forward ya the email with the media we used for the council. I really enjoyed being a part of this special meeting. The spirit was definitely present and we learned things that will help us improve our service as missionaries. Also, I got to see lots of mission friends and most of my past companions and my DAD (Elder Kimber)! He goes home this transfer and I'll get to see him again before he leaves! That was pretty sweet.

Our friends Bartola and Francisco (the recent converts) are headed back to Mexico any day now. It's sad but it's been such a blessing to help them make that first step towards baptism. They definitely have a special place in my heart. We also had a pretty cool miracle this week. We got a referral on Saturday for this lady named Aura. We looked at her record and she just moved from SoCal. She had been meeting with the missionaries for about a year and had been taught basically everything, even a baptismal interview!! We stopped by to see her and she's sups cool! Her husband is a returning member and they have a 2 year old son named Xander who she wants to grow up in the church! She just wants to know a little more about the Libro de Mormon before she gets baptized but like she's ready. It's exciting! The Lord is preparing people!

We haven't had a Ponderizing scripture in a while so let's do Ether 12:27 for next week! Anybody who wants to read and study this, please send comments and insights! I love scripture study!!!!

I love y'all. Have a great week and make it the best. You can only do this week once so do it right!

Con Amor

Elder Joyner

Failed stapler in the Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment