Friday, April 29, 2016

Bruh, this week though... (Apr 25, 2016)

Hello hello! It's so good to hear how your week went! You could say this was quite the amazing week for me! So much happened and it was all really great and positive. I guess first is a report on Elder Bendar. That was such an insane and truly humbling experience, to be in the presence of an Apostle of the Lord. We were able to get there a little bit early and get seats on the second row, so we were literally five feet away from him for 3 hours. He asked all the missionaries to read four of his talks before we arrived on Saturday in preparation for what we did. Our work with him was basically a big discussion about his talks and what we learned and then questions we had for him. There are so many things that we discussed that I wish I could include in this email, but unfortunately can't do them justice with a simple email. I think one of the things that struck me the most was how "human" he was. He was cracking jokes and was just another person. Now obviously he's not just some ordinary guy, but it was great to get that personal experience with him. I know everything we felt and learned from him will be applied to my missionary work and experience. I can also testify that he's truly a man called of God to fulfill the work of the Lord on the earth today.

We also had zone conference on on Thursday and a lot of it was geared towards how we can better ourselves as teachers. One of the biggest things that was brought to my remembrance was how us as missionaries need to teach the best we can but that ultimately it's the Holy Ghost that teaches and testifies. We need to get out of the way sometimes of the Holy Ghost and just let him do his job. It's when we, as missionaries, start to think we're so good and great and get in the way of the Holy Ghost. It was a great conference as usual!

Elder Latharo's Haircut
Other tidbits, highlights, info from this week includes the following. I cut my spainard's (Elder Latharo) hair this morning. Mom you would be so proud. Probably my first and last haircut I will ever give. I will say I'm gonna stick to the arts..... We had a bunch of less actives, who we've been working with, come to church. We've been doing lots of less active work because our investigators keep falling through. We're probably gonna end up dropping pretty much all our investigators and start over! So that should be fun this week. Elder Beeston and I have a couple of baptismal interviews this week that we're going to give to the investigators of the English elders. There's a cool story behind one of those that I'll tell you next week or on Skype.

Moroni 4:3
3 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it; that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him, and keep his commandments which he hath given them, that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.

I won't write too much, but I just want to mention something about our preparations for partaking of the sacrament. This was something mentioned in the conference with Elder Bednar. It was said that if we do not prepare ourselves spiritually before partaking of these emblems, it is useless. The importance and significance of this preparation is crucial for the power of the sacrament and ultimately the atonement to take effect. It's such a great opportunity to partake each week of such a sacred ordinance.

Ok I've rambled too much. I'm off! Slay this week and we shall converse again next!

Les quiero.

Elder Joyner


No comments:

Post a Comment