Monday, May 2, 2016

Sick Sick Sick+Mothers day+Temple=May (May 2, 2016)

The Zone
HEY HEY! It's a grandiose Monday! It's good to get some emails and hear how everyone is doing. I'm glad mom had a fun little trip with Dwayne. It looked like a blast! Quite the adventure there! Hey Skype is next Sunday! Fun stuff. I will try my very best to be on at 5, when Elise is on but I will let you know. Just like Christmas, I get a call to set up times and let ya know and stuff. I'll prolly do that
Saturday evening sometime. Speaking of Saturday, that's TEMPLE DAY. WHOOP WHOOP. I'm so excited! It's been way too long since I've been. This upcoming week will be a fun/busy one, with District meeting tomorrow, exchanges with the zone leaders, weekly planning, temple day, singing at a baptism, Branch Mother's Day party, and MOTHERS DAY! It should be amazing!
Bowling on P-Day

This last week was a great/tough one! The beginning of the week was filled with lots of finding new people to teach. We even had a mini blitz in our area to try and get some return appointments with people. That really seemed to help a lot and we've already seen miracles from it. We're having to drop some people who aren't progressing and don't want to meet with us. It's sad but it may be necessary for them right now. It's been tough but God knows that there's other people out there that are ready for us, and we've already found some of them. Elder Beeston and I really worked hard this week and we saw it pay off. I have a personal testimony that we have to work for the things we want and that they won't necessarily always come to us. God expects us to put in our effort on the part and as we do, we see miracles in our lives. There was one street specifically where it just seemed that every door we knocked, someone said come on in or ya you can share something with me! Ahhh I love it. I did get down a couple times this week, but every time I did, God picked me back up and helped me keep going.

The end of this week was a little rough because Elder Beeston and I got sick :/ It started Thursday night and is almost gone today, but it's just a pain. It's especially hard when you don't have anything to do all day and you're just sitting in the hot apartment. We pushed and made it through though and I think we're all better. There's just no momma to take care of us while we're sick :)

Què Mas, què Mas.... Oh I was able to give a baptismal interview this week to this lady named Tess. The funny story is that I actually met and taught her the first lesson in Napa when I was on exchanges with some English Elders back in February. We both just thought it was kind of funny that I was the one that first met her and now was giving her a baptismal interview. Crazy right?!?! And she wants me to sing at her baptism on Saturday which will be great!

I completely blanked on sending a scripture last week which was completely my fault, so sorry guys! Instead, I'll just bear my testimony of Mothers. I've shared this quote before, but Jeffery R. Holland once said, "No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child." I can personally say this is so true. I have felt closer to my savior when even just thinking about my mother than with anything else. She is such a beautiful example to me and I am eternally grateful for Her (and Dad). I love you mom! And I'll talk to ya soon ;)

I think that's it for this week. I'm excited to talk on Sunday (and Saturday). I love you and can't wait to hear from you all. School is almost over! Crazy. Have a most gracious week!

Con Amor

Elder Alexander Scott Joyner

 A funny find - please return the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment