Monday, May 16, 2016

Oh Hey... (May 9, 2016)

Skyping on Mother's Day

Shalom to all! I feel as though we just conversed..... Maybe because we just did HA! Ah that was such a blast! I very enjoyed my brief time with you all, even with all the technical difficulties. It's quite amazing how we are in four completely opposite places in the world but are able to untie as one for such a short time. And a special shoutout to Elise for being such a great missionary! I should really brag on ya more often because you're pretty fantastic!  ¡Qué bendición! And again the happiest of Mother's Day to all. I'm so very grateful for my mother and grandmothers and all the mother figures in my life! I couldn't do it without ya!

The rest of the week was grandiose! We went on exchanges with the ZL's on Tuesday which was fun fun! I was with Elder Atkinson, who is the one that was with me in Napa and then came down with me here. I feel as though the craziest things happen on exchanges. That night we had gotten a call from some other elders saying they needed some help for an emergency service. The service was basically moving this lady out of her house in less than an hour and a half. She definitely had a
hoarding problem and stuff was everywhere so it was crazy trying to just get stuff packed up and out as quick as possible. It just makes me want to be even cleaner with our little apartment and space were given. It was quite the experience, to say the least.

Saturday, we went to the TEMPLE. Oh I just love the Oakland temple. It's huge and beautiful and great. We got the old video, like I told y'all and boy was it old haha. Just helps me appreciate the newer ones. Then that night I sang at the baptism of Tess Giner which was coolio! I sang Savior, Redeemer of my Soul! It was goooood. I forgot to record it though sari mom Sunday I sang in church too. I sang the song I put on Facebook, but just in Spanish. That was a good sacrament meeting!

Alma 56: 47&48:
47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they
did not doubt, God would deliver them.
48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.

I actually read over this chapter last night before I went to bed, not even remembering that it was our ponderizing escritura. I can testify of the truthfulness of this message. I do not doubt that God will
deliver me to los elegidos. I'm forever grateful for my mother (and father) and for their example to me of this scripture. We, as missionaries, are truly on the front lines of the battlefield fighting to help become converted to the Lord. I'm so excited and thrilled because mis Padres know I can do it!

Well this is the last week of the transfer! We find out Saturday night about info and such. I love you all dearly.  Les quiero mucho!

Con Amor

Elder Alexander Scott Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment