Monday, March 7, 2016

CARPE DIEM. Mañana. (Jk don't procrastinate, ever) (Mar 7, 2016)

Tis P-day once again!!!! How exciting! Great to hear all is well!

Dwayne, Congratulations on Canada! D'arque is a fun character and yes I do know Big Fish silly! The Foreigner sounds super familiar too! I'm super Jelly you got to go to Gentleman's guide. That's seriously one of my favorite shows! I listened to it a bunch before I came out. Oh and Glasses too!? How cute! You're becoming one of us! Cole you're next bud haha!!!! Momma thanks for the package of healthy goodies! I was having a rough day that day so it was a nice pick-me-up! Dad, haha soooo I may have already seen the new Easter initiative video because ya know, missionary connections :) I know how to work the system hahah! It ties in really well with the Christmas initiative video too. Hey Sissy! Our week seems to have been about the same then with lots of appointments fallen through and such. But good nonetheless!!!

This week was kind of slow just for a couple different reasons. Like I said above, we had some unexpected lessons fall through. We also had a good number of doors slammed in our faces. Like more than normal haha!! It's all good though! Cody mentioned something in his email last week that I liked. He said that each night he says something like "I wonder what God's gonna do tonight (in our area)." That's something I've started to apply to my finding and missionary work. It's amazing!

We have been able to start teaching this one lady named, Mayra, who is a member reference. We have been pushing asking for contacts and references with members recently! And so far it's been working. It's muy increible! She loves to read and learn and such. She wants to be a missionary and were like YAS we can help ya!! We're hoping to have her baptism by the end of this transfer too!

Being blessed to have cars in our mission can come with a price. As district leaders, Elder Scow and I have to do monthly car inspection. We got some quarterly training on this this past Friday by Elder
Marshall, who is over cars for our mission. That was fun! It was interesting to see how items such as cars need to be taken care of because it's Lord's property that were using. So also speaking of cars, we had to take our car into the tire shop to get a new battery and realignment of our tires. We ended up waiting TWO AND A HALF HOURS!!!!! QUÈ LOCO. It was not the funnest I've ever done.

Today, Elder Scow and I found the coolest little shop called Cost Plus World Market. We thought it was the Bee's Knees until we found out it's not just a California thing. It's still my new favorite place!!!

Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint

WELLLL to me, I feel as though this first little part sounds like a proclamation of sorts! Kind of like a "Cmon guys, how have not heard this super really cool thing, that God, the one who made the Earth, doesn't faint and isn't weary!!!!!!!!" I think that's kinda funny, to be honest. He then goes on to say that everyone will faint and fall and stumble, but that those who wait upon the Lord, shall be lifted up. They will run and not be weary, walk and not faint. That sounds pretty fantastic if you ask me, and all we have to do is rely on the Lord? Wow that sounds like quite the deal!!! It's comforting to me to know that when I'm weak the Lord will raise me up to be greater than I ever could be. That has really helped me this week. We've more doors slammed in our face than usual, this week, so to me it's the small and simple things that make it or break it. I've found solace with putting my whole being in the Lord's hands.

I'm super excited for this week! As district leaders also, were supposed to go on exchanges with the Elders in our district, so I'll be going into the English area this week for a day. That'll be fun! OH I forgot to tell ya something fun. So Elder Wakenhaurst (the Elder from the district DVDs for missionaries) lives in the Napa 2nd Ward. I was able to meet and talk with him a little bit so that was kinda cool.

Have a fantastical week! I love you all! The church is true and the Book is blue! Till next week!

Con Amor
Elder ajoy

In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday this past week, here's a quote dad included in his email to me:

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!      
                                                                                                           - Dr. Seuss"

No comments:

Post a Comment