Monday, February 29, 2016

Seis Meses!!!!!! (Feb 29, 2016)

BUENOS DIAS MI FAMILIA!!!!! Very first, FELICIDADES A Dwayne como ser aceptado en MDT!!!!! THATS CRAZY KOOL AND IM SUPA PROUD OF YA BRUDDER!!!! YOU DESERVE NONETHELESS! Everyone else sounds engaged and thrilled by the monotonous school schedule! Mom you didn't tell me you got hurt? Què pasa? Dad you sound like you have no free time
whatsoever. Good luck with that ;) Cole, just keep Rockin and Rollin and being the swaggie master that I know you are! Elise, TE Amo mucho Hermana!!!! Wishing the Happiest of Birthdays to Melon and Uncle Rick this week! Hope it a happy and joyous day to the both of you! Oh hey, I also hit my six month mark on Wednesday! That's six months since I've seen y'all! (Expect Dwayne ;) IT seems like since after Christmas, time has flown by super quick! March and April will fly by and then it's May and I'll talk to y'all again! I feel like I'm super Spanglish now. It's kind of annoying to be honest because when I have to speak English, Spanish comes out and vice versa. Maybe it means I'm getting better.....?! No sé. Whoop whoop!

The only thing new that happened the past like 4/5 days is that we had Zone Meeting on Friday, where we basically just reviewed what Elder Hamula talked about last Monday. I sang the version of 'I'll go where you want me to go' that I sang for my farewell! It was fun! Elder Hamula talked a lot about being Sober missionaries and the attribute of sober. Basically, he just told us that we need to become a little more serious about the work and be more reverent, when it's time to be reverent. It was interesting how he hadn't really been in the mission to know what the missionaries here needed. It's Been a great opportunity to try and apply his teachings to our work.


Ummmm not much else happened other than we had to teach an impromptu Sunday School and Elders Quorum Lesson. That was fun! If I think of anything else that happened, I'll be sure to include it next week!

Scripture for the week!!!!!
Ether 12: 6
6.  And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

We can learn much here from this chapter in Ether! It's definitely one of my most favorites in the Book of Mormon. We know that it says in Alma that, "Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things...which are not seen." This applies to the part where it talks about the trial of our faith too. We have to have the Faith to endure, even though we may not see an end to the trial. God gives us trials because he loves us. I found this quote one time that says, "God gives his toughest battles (or trials) to his strongest warriors." He gives them too us because he knows we can do it, IF and only IF we have faith in him that we will make it through. And then because we made it through with that faith, we can receive that witness of Him. ¡Qué increíble! Ya?

Sorry this is shorter this week! Have a good one everyone! Much amor! Keep killin it!

Con Amor

Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment