Monday, February 22, 2016

FEBRUARY. BIRTHDAY. VALENTINES (Feb 8, 2016)


Hello All! The fact that it is already Monday again boggles my mind. I have no idea where this past week went. Really this transfer. Time is picking up. It's exciting yet scary. We already find out about transfer info this Saturday, and then transfers are next Tuesday. How did that happen?! So umm HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK TO MOM! YAS. PREACH. YOU'RE FINALLY 26.  CONGRATS! I just hope you have the most fantastical day and are showered with love all the day long :) Take a break for yourself. Eat some Chocolate or something. Go CRAZY!

CONGRATS to Oliver on getting married! That's pretty neat! Dayne...

Today we went on a hike for P-Day, so that's why it's so late. I'll include some of our pictures from that!
Zone Hike


Let's take a look through this past week. Hmmm we first, we had the most lessons this area has had (in one week) for the last 6 months. I'm proud of ourselves. Since getting a car, we've been trying to take advantage of it and work harder. OH I think I got so excited to tell you about our car last week I forgot to tell you a funny story that happened on Bike. We just got out of dinner and were about to leave on our bikes. So my bike seat has to be set a little bit taller (because of long legs and such) and I have to swing my leg over the seat every time I wanna get on. So that's what I did and I got my leg over and all I heard was a ripping sound and I knew what had happened. I ripped right down the middle of my pants. Ahhhh and because we were on bike we couldn't just run back to the apartment so we continued on our night visiting people with a visible rip down my pants. Shoot it was super embarrassing. Ah the curse of having long legs. Hope someone finds a kick out of that one!




Skype of baptism
We also had Stake Conference this past weekend too. The Stake Presidency talked lots about parenting and such. They kind of threw down. President and Sister were able to come to both meetings and they talked in the Sunday Session. It was a great spiritual experience. ALSO
YESTERDAY, I was able to Skype into the Baptism of Jesus (one of Elder Castro and Is investigators in Rosa). It was a really great service and I'm happy for his decision he has made to enter the waters of baptism. I really have come to love and appreciate Jesus Chavez!

I cut a lawn this week and got kinda nostalgic from cutting the lawn at home lol. Is that weird? Today and the past couple days the weather has been PERFECT and it reminds me of spring and summer. Lol I dunno why I shared that but hey.

PONDERIZATION WOW

Moroni 9:6
6 And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in
this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.

Well ya ummmm so this most definitely talks about missionary work. I kind of talked about this in the letter I wrote to President this week. I talked about how we are fighting this battle for salvation and we NEED every soul on God's side. The worth of EVERY soul is great in the sight of God, so we need not wait around and not work diligently. We gotta get out there and work as hard as we can. I've also come to realize over this transfer, that my time on the mission is super short. These past six weeks have felt like two days. Like What?! I hit my six month mark in like 2 or 3 weeks. As missionaries, we don't have time to lose. We gotta get out there and work harder and more effectively. And the mission doesn't end after a missionary returns. The fight keeps going. We can only rest when we stand before our God and say that we've done all we can do. Then we can take a nap :) lol

Wishing you all the bestest of weeks! Once again, happy birthday momma! LOVE YALL!

Con Amor

Elder Joyner




No comments:

Post a Comment