Monday, February 22, 2016

'Feels Like Change is Coming Once Again...' (Feb 15, 2016)

[Note from Alex's Dad: apparently the email servers were down last week, so we received this email a week late]

Hey hey hey hey fam! It's been quite the last week of the transfer. I hope everyone had such a terrific week and Valentine's Day and I hope you enjoyed your birthday mom! We were at dinner and somehow we got on birthdays and I was like, "Hey today is my moms birthday." And them Sis Hamilton was like let's call! Haha I hope you enjoyed that ;) I feel like I got lots to say!


Elder Joyner & "Cody on a Stick" in Napa
TRANSFERS! They're tomorrow and we found out last Saturday. So I'm staying here in Napa, but with kind of a change. We did have 6 missionaries in the Branch, 4 Elders and 2 Sisters. BUT the Sisters area is getting dissolved and is being split between us and the other Elders. Also, the church is trying to move away from having 4 man apartments, so me and my new companion are moving to the Sister's old apartment right down the road. So I've had to pack up my stuff and move it over there. Luckily I've been able to do it in a couple trips since it's so close. My new companion will be Elder Scow. He is coming from Vallejo. I've only met him once and he's funny. He's like 6'6". Haha it's funny because he was actually MTC companions with Elder King (my current companion). ENTONCES my new address is:

1260 Trower Ave
Napa, CA 94558

Elder Scow and I will also be serving as Co-District Leaders together. So this transfer I have a new comp, newish area, and new responsibility. Wow. Should be a good time! Hahaha.

HEADS UP NEXT WEEK. We are having a member of the Seventy come for a mission tour and so we are have a mission conference next Monday, which means our P-day will be on Wednesday! So you will not get an email from me until Wednesday of next week!

On this past Wednesday, we had lunch with a member from one of the English wards. He used to Golf professionally and lives on a course out here. He let us go today for P-day and hit some balls on the range and then he said he'll let us go play some holes next month! It's on the Silverado Resort here in Napa. (His name is Andy Miller if you wanna look him up on YouTube haha)













We now have a mission website and you need a password to get on, so here is the URL and password to get on there!


Username: missionary

Password: CASRMD&C88:73

I feel as though I had more to say but I cannot remember it. Oh whale.

SCRIPTURE
Alma 57:21, 25
21 Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.

25 And it came to pass that there were two hundred, out of my two thousand and sixty, who had fainted because of the loss of blood; nevertheless, according to the goodness of God, and to our great
astonishment, and also the joy of our whole army, there was not one soul of them who did perish; yea, and neither was there one soul among them who had not received many wounds.

This scripture definitely emphasizes the importance of obedience and rings so true to me as a missionary. I know, like it says, "the words....that their mothers had taught them," is true for me also. I know the words the my mother (and father :) have taught me. As missionaries, we need to have the spirit with us all the time and I know that my obedience is crucial to having the spirit with me 24/7.
There's missionaries out here that sometimes don't realize that and it's kind of sad to see sometimes. I've realized since being out here that our obedience to our Father in Heaven is in direct relation to
how much we love him. It's also important to notice that it says "every word of command." Not like 30% of the commandments, but every word. If we're not 100% obedient to God commandments, we may miss some of those blessings we could have received. It would be a shame to 'almost' make it to Heaven. Why not just do what is right and be blessed because of it? Yes it's hard, but so so so rewarding!!!!

I'm excited to get started with this transfer! Have a fantabulous week and say an extra prayer! Do something nice for someone. Go crazy!?!
Much love!

Con Amor

Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment