Thursday, February 25, 2016

New Beginnings Yeet (Feb 24, 2016)

My oh my it feels like forever since we last spoke! I have much much to say! First, congrats to Daeshaun and Maddie on going to the Temple! That's super super awesome and I'm proud of y'all! Everyone sounds busy as usual! This time of the year usually is! So yes, once again my emails did not send last week because I think of the Google server. It's crazy. I was trying to send several emails saying I was here and all but oh whale. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

So, like I said in my last email, transfers was this last week and I am now with Elder Scow. Our area now part of the Sister's older area, because there are no sisters anymore. So our area basically doubled. Ahahaha. So my last week with Elder King we didn't have any luck and only had like 3 lessons and then when we started the new transfer, everything changed. This past week we had 12 lessons, 3 member presents, 4 new investigators, and 2 Baptismal Dates!!!!! Like what?! It's super crazy how fast things could change. We're having more success this past week and a half than we had all of last transfer basically. It's great! Elder Scow is from Mesa, AZ and is 6'6".

Monday, we had the half-mission conference with Elder Hamula. He kind of 'threw-down' to say the least. It was good and kinda scary but much needed. He addressed problems in our mission and how we could fix them. It was a good time. Changes will hopefully be happening in the mish.

Proverbs 3: 5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Whoops, sorry this one sounds so much more better in Spanish so:

"5 Confía en Jehová con todo tu corazón, y no te apoyes en tu propia prudencia.

6 Reconócelo en todos tus caminos, y él enderezará tus veredas."

I love this scripture soooo much!!!!! I especially love the word 'confía.' The verb confíar means to trust. Taking it even farther, the noun 'confianza´ means trust, or I like better confidence. We need to
have confidence that if we put our whole heart, and being, in the hands of God, He will direct our paths! It's like the scripture in Matthew 10 says, "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." If we truly lose our life for His sake, we shall find it. Literally, nothing else matters if we don't have God on our side, AND to get God on our side, we have to be on HIS side!!!! HA it makes perfect sense ya??? I'd be interested to hear any and all opinions on this if anyone would like to share!

OH one fun story this week. So we were at a less active member's house yesterday visiting with her and such, and then at the end a lady walked in. She's a friend of the less active member, but she is crazy. We've met this lady before at a dinner with this member, but she never talked to us about anything. This lady claims that she is a Prophet. She told us that if we would read the New Testament everyday for 3 months that we would receive "el espiritu santo." We really just testified and bounced. Haha it was kinda freaky, but a fun little experience nonetheless.

Next Wednesday I hit my 6 month mark! That's crazy sauce. I hope this email goes through today! And hey I'll talk to y'all again in four days haha. Have a great rest of the week! Much love!!!!


Con Amor

Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment