Monday, March 6, 2017

"This Could Be the Start of Something New..." (March 6, 2017)

Happy p-day y'all! My oh my its been quite the week. So for starters, transfers are tomorrow and I actually found out that I am getting transferred. It was kind of a surprise to both Elder Perez and I, to have our area whitewashed. I am getting transferred to Petaluma, which is in the San Rafael zone. I will be with Elder Angulo (who happens to be from Colombia, like Elder Perez) in Petaluma as the Zone Leaders there. I wasn't expecting it but it should be a good change up. I've heard awesome things about that area and Elder Angulo! Should be awesome! So today we are in Santa Rosa. I'll drop off Elder Perez to go to departing dinner/devotional and I'll be with the tech elders, Elder Crowley and Elder Allsup the rest of the night until transfers tomorrow. Busy, Busy, Busy. 

Let's see what else happened this week. Thursday, we had our temple trip! UGHHH it was so good. I love the Oakland temple. It's just the best. I can't wait till I can go to the temple anytime I want. That'll be just the best. I feel like I just learned so much. I'll attach some pictures from that. 
OH OH Tuesday morning, Elder Perez was upstairs working out and he suddenly comes down and says he can't breath and is light headed and such and so I call Sister Stewart and Sister Wright and we get him back to normal. The rest of the day he was super dizzy and having some breathing attacks so Wednesday we had to make a trip down to the doctor is Santa Rosa. He's good now, but there was some complications he was having and they're still not sure what it was. They're just worried about the plane tomorrow for him. Hopefully everything turns out well though! 

I was kinda bummed to find out Friday that I didn't get into BYU, but soon after realized that there's something else that's awaiting me. President Wright actually called that night asking what had happened with it and we talked it over. He said that the sun will still rise in the morning and I'll still get a good education. That was pretty cool! Now I just gotta figure out what the next step is. Ahh

It was hard to say goodbye to some of the people here in Ukiah. Harder than I thought it would be, to be honest. There are some really awesome elect people here. I'm gonna miss them. 

Just a heads up, next week we have a member of the 70 coming to do a mission tour and next Monday we will have an MLC and Zone Conference with him, which means that our preparation day will be on Tuesday next week. Just fyi. 

Well, until then. On to big adventures! 

Con amor,
Elder Alexander Scott Joyner


"One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure."- William Feather













No comments:

Post a Comment