Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Just Chillin' in Cedar Rapids (March 20, 2017)

Hey y'all! Happy Monday! It's been good to hear from ya! Good Job Cole on your Arrow of Light thingy! That just sounds like a party. I never got the chance to do that. And I hope you're feeling better, Elise. Break Legs this weekend Dwayners! 

Well, we've been busy this last week. We were able to get to know Petaluma much mo betta. We've met the majority if our investigators we have right now too. Ok so here's a cool story. So my first couple transfers in Santa Rosa, we found, taught, (and later was baptized) Jesus Chavez. We found him through a referral we got from the Petaluma Elders back then. They had told us it was just a coworker of someone they were teaching. Ok so here's where the cool part comes in, ok well two cool parts. So we were looking for this investigator at number 32 but he wasn't there so we just decided to knock the surrounding doors. It turns out the elders before us had made a mistake with the apartment number and it was the apartment below. When we knocked on their door, they opened it and were super happy to see us (us not knowing they were our investigators). We quickly made the connection they were the people we were looking for. We got to talking and I had mentioned that I served in Santa Rosa. He said he had a friend that just got baptized and joined the church about a year ago. I asked him who it was and he was like, "Jesus Chavez." My mouth dropped. I couldn't believe it. The investigator we had just found by knocking surrounding doors was the reason Jesus had gotten baptized. I was just mind blown. That was a tender mercy for me! He is actually really close to being baptized also, so hopefully we can help him. 

There are also like 3 other people that, for some reason or another can't get baptized at this time; Whether it's legal issues, or acceptance from a spouse, you name it. We're  are really hoping to help them make that final push! Exciting stuff. 

To answer your questions mom, we are in the Rohernt Park Spanish branch with probably about 30 active members. They really support and help us out, especially with dinners. Petaluma is a lot like Athens, I feel. Just got that city vibe. Our zone goes from the bottom of Santa Rosa to the Golden Gate Bridge. It's kind of a big Zone. We have 22 missionaries. My compa, Elder Angulo, has been out for 18 months. His family lives in Bogota, Columbia and have been members their whole lives. I'm the driver mom :) and for right now we have a Jeep, while our other car is getting some work done. Hope that suffices. 

So Elder Angulo and I are visiting all the Ward councils in the stake to introduce ourselves, set a good relationship with the members, and introduce our vision for the Zone. So we woke up early Sunday went down to San Raf and then Novato and then San Raf again for another. Good ole fun!

Tomorrow we have zone Meeting. I'm teaching on prayer, focusing on how we can improve our prayers. I'd appreciate anything thoughts or insights or quotes you have :) 
Then Wednesday we have interviews!


I think that's all I got this week for ya! Love y'all lots! Take care.

Con Amor, 
Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment