Sunday, October 4, 2015

Two Weeks Left - Cast Off This Week (September 29, 2015)

HOLA FAMILIA. It has been another thrilling (about the same) week in el CCM. It has been filled with much Spanish learning, many uplifting spiritual experiences, and an occasional brother appearance. HAHA YES. I SAW DWAYNE YET AGAIN. AND THIS TIME I GOT A PICTURE. YEET. SO THAT WAS GOOD TIMES YES. Ahhhhh thank you again for the many many snacks and things this week also. Aunt Julie, my room has feel in love with those grapes. They are magically delicious! Mom and Dayne also have me set on some healthier food until like next January so thank you!!!
Alex & Dayne (as an investigator)
This week the district, who was here when we got here, left. It's super quiet and weird without them. BUT WE GET A NEW DISTRICT WEDNESDAY WHOOP WHOOP. Gon' whip these newbies into shape. Elder Randall and Elder Bjorling are the new zone leaders so that's exciting.

I'm almost done with the CCM. We get our official travel plans Friday! These next two weeks will prolly fly by super quick. Hermana King, in my district, has to stay an extra two weeks after we leave  because she is starting a new medication for something. She's pretty bummed about it and heck I would be too. That's 8 long weeks!!! Keep her in your prayers.

Grandma and Papa got a new house?!? How exciting!!' I wish I could go down and visit it!!

COLE BREAK LEGS IN WILLY WONKA THIS WEEKEND!!! YOU GON KILL IT BOO.

ELISE HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I WISH I COULD CELEBRATE IT WITH YOU!!! HAVE SOME PERUVIAN FUN FOR ME.

So Sister Bills and I auditioned our piece on Thursday, and THEY LOVED IT! Soooo we are singing prelude to the 2:00 conference session for the whole MTC. That's quite exciting I think!!! We're singing an arrangement of "Be Still, My Soul." It's pretty kickin chickin!! I'll try and record that possibly.

Speaking of conference, I'm so super excited for this weekend. What a blessing it is to hear the words of living prophets. I encourage you all to take notes and write down spiritual impressions and reflect and pray on those. I promise if you go into conference with questions, and you have an open heart and are willing to receive any answer that the lord gives you, you will be blessed beyond compare.

GOODNESS I LOVE THE TEMPLE. Every Tuesday morning, we have the opportunity to to attend a session and it always rejuvenates me. Gah I love the spirit that is felt in the house of the Lord.

MTC District
We were able to watch Elder Scott's funeral yesterday too. It was such a spiritual experience to see. Although it was a funeral, I was as spiritually uplifted as in any regular devotional. I'm thankful for
the way LDS funerals are conducted and presented. It was more of a celebration than being super sorrowful. The music was also SUPER FANTASTIC. The last song was "Come Thou Fount," and wowie was it powerful. If you can, look it up! It's very touching.

Our Sunday devotional was led by Stephen B. Allen, who is the guy who headed up the "Homefront Campaign," which are all the old Church TV spots. At the end of every commercial, there was a clever inspirational catch line. I just wanted to share a couple that impressed me:
* When everything says you can't, believe in the part of you that says you can
* It's not who you aren't but who you are. And being yourself is being great
* Sometimes the most important thing you can share is yourself
* It's critically important you love yourself as you love God
* Sometimes it's all about spending time in the right place and right moment
* It's sometimes life's small moments that are the best. Don't let that magic pass you by
* The people in your heart can't see what's in your heart. Let them know it everyday
* Sharing; It's the icing on the cake.
* If you think childish arguments don't hurt a companionship, don't kid yourself
* Family: isn't it about, time
* Whatever you be in life, just be your best

Yaaaaa I feel like I've been here for forever and I'm super ready to get out into the field.  I'm ready to start the work but at the same time I feel I have so much to learn. I'm all trusting in the lord and know he prepares those who serve him. I would like to leave you all with my testimony.
Alex & Tanner Giddens





I know that this church is true. I know Jesus is the Christ and that he suffered and grieved for our sins. He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane so that we may be cleansed of our sins and feel free. I
know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God in the latter days. I testify he saw God the Father and his Son in the Sacred Grove. I testify and know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and it is another testament of Jesus Christ and his divinity. I encourage all those who haven't discovered the spirit and power that that book testifies of.

I love and appreciate you. Thanks for for everything.

¡Yo se que vive mi señor!

Te Amo,

Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment