Monday, October 12, 2015

ONE DAY MORE (Oct 12, 2015)

Hola Peoples!!!!!!!!! How is everyone!? I'm writing today because I leave for Cali tomorrow! I'm finishing up some last minute packing this morning and then I have class the rest of the day. It's been an exciting last week also. I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO GET MY CAST OFF! It feels so liberating and free! I also washed my hands for a solid 13 minutes. Good good fun! We also had In-Field orientation on Thursday. That was a treat! I actually really enjoyed it! At the end they do like a little production of like how to work with members and such, and they were asking for volunteers to help and my companion's hand shot up.... So we got to be a part of that little show. It was something else lol. Good fun though!!!

I've already said goodbye to so many friends here already and it's quite sad. Elder Randle and I keep saying that we didn't think it would be this hard to leave the MTC. I've been able to make so many friendships that it's gonna be hard to say goodbye to. I've learned to love these people and ya wow. I am excited to get to SR to start the work. It's all kind of a surreal experience. It will be another hard transition but I think I'm ready. 

Strike-a-pose
He Ain't Heavy - He's My Brother
I appreciate all the love and support from Family, Friends, and other loved ones. It's such a blessing to be here and serving the Lord. I know there is no better place I could be right now. I can't wait to see what Heavenly Father has in store for me these next two years! It's going to be quite a journey. I'm sure it will go by so quickly, just as these past six weeks have. I have been uplifted physically, mentally, and (most important) spiritually. I've had so many experiences already that will shape my mission into such an uplifting experience. 

Sorry this is a short-er letter. I usually have more time before P-day to write it. Also, sorry I don't think I'll have time to respond to every email today, but I LOVE YOU! I'll try to write back as soon as I can. OH ALSO, I'll have a new address which I'll get sometime this week which I will forward on. 

I just want to leave you with my testimony. I know that my Lord and Savior lived on this earth. He walked and preached unto the nations. He suffered for our sins so that we may become clean to return to the presence of our God. He endured the agonizing pain of Gethsemane for us. Not for him, but for us. God sent his only begotten Son because He loves us. Oh how He loves us. I tremble to know that for me Jesus was crucified. That for me a sinner, he suffered, bled and died. Missionary work will not be easy, because Gethsemane wasn't easy. I testify with all my being that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know he saw what he said he did. If that wasn't true, my life and every action in it would be a lie. I can testify that the Book Of Mormon was translated and published through the power of God. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. It directly correlates with the Bible and all of its teachings. Through the Book of Mormon, we can receive happiness and joy like no other. I challenge all those who have not read from this Book to do so, and then to pray to know if it's true. God will let you know. I bear witness of these things. 

I have so much love for you all! Tomorrow starts another new adventure! Thank you. Stay fresh, but keep it wrinkled. 

Te Amo,

Elder Joyner


No comments:

Post a Comment