Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Last Week in MTC (Oct 6, 2015)

HOLA! ¿Què pasa? Lo que un semana loco! Seriamente! FIRST OFF, CONFERENCE WAS MUY FANTASTICO! LIKE, QUE HECK!? I dunno if it was just because I'm a set-apart missionary that inspiration came more thoroughly or what. This is one of the first times I sat down for every single session and took notes on every single session, and oh was it so enriching and uplifting! I definitely noticed many themes and topics throughout the whole thing. I think it's amazing that the speakers don't know what each other are going to talk about yet their talks are very similar. This past Tuesday, we had a devotional from Claudio R. M. Costa, who actually spoke in conference too! So that's crazy sauce! It was kinda hard/scary to watch President Monson struggle during his talk on Sunday morning. A Hermana, in my district who I was sitting by, started crying and got overwhelmed because it was super hard to watch the prophet struggle. It's crazy to think that he is 89 and still serving with all he has. Fierce prayers are going to him. One of my favorite talks was by Elder Holland on Mothers. Needless to say Elder Holland dropped a bomb of a talk on us. I got very emotional when listening to it because I had been thinking of Mom, Grandmas, and all other moms I had been around. Especially Mom. All her heart has been towards her children in all she does and she is a messianic witness to me. It is something I wish I could repay her for but that is an indescribable love and devotion. I love you Mom. I love you Dad. I am 100% certain I would not be here without the both of you.

HEY CONGRATS ON THIS PAST WEEKEND COLE! I HEARD YOU KILLED IT DAWG! So
Thursday night was an interesting show?! Haha oh it just adds to the experience! Good fun! Improving it is always fun too!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS PAST WEEK ELISE! Hope you had un fascistico tiempo para su cumpleaños! Te Amo mucho!

SOOO MY CAST. Is still on I was supposed to get it off last Friday,  but it didn't happen. I showed up the doctors office, here at the CCM, and they said they gave away my appointment to someone else. So then I waited around to try and get in, and once I finally got in they said they weren't able to take off my cast here, even though I asked them three weeks ago if they could and they said yes. So I had to schedule an appointment with the orthopedic who put it on. The only
problem is he wasn't in the office that day, or this weekend. So I had to wait to schedule an appointment until Tuesday (today). I have an appointment at 2 lol! So hopefully all will go well! EEEK

Every Time they have conference (at the CCM), they always do a devotional with a special guest. On Sunday, they got VOCAL POINT to do a devotional. Vocal Point is BYU's a cappella group that was on the sing off the same year as Pentatonix. Now they were no Pentatonix, but they still were pretty kickin! My favorite song they did was Nearer My God To Thee. It's on YouTube if you wanna see it! It most definitely invited the spirit and ended the spiritual weekend with a bang!

Sister Bills and I got to perform in the prelude before conference on the Saturday afternoon session. It was in front of all the missionaries here, so roughly 2000 people. It 'twas pretty sick!!!

Oh lol I forgot to tell ya, I got my flight plans last Friday because I LEAVE IN A WEEK!!
So I have to be down at the travel office with all my bags at 4:35 am next Tuesday, where we will then headed down to SLC. My flight is at 9:55 and it is on Delta. (My flight number is 1082 Mom) So after I get through security, I should have time to use that calling card you got me. I'm guessing around 8:30ish just FYI. Wowie that's crazy to think I've been here for six weeks already. It's
kinda hard to believe. I'm super ready (nervous) to go love and serve the people of Santa Rosa!!! Holy cow I'm so ready. I still have so much to learn but I'm ready to get started. Now don't get me wrong, I have absolutely adored my time here! It's been one of the most amazing experiences that is simply indescribable. I love my teachers and all that they teach me about the gospel and the language, but most importantly about life. They've come to become my friends and mentors. 

Alex's MTC District by Map
Also MY DISTRICT! Like holy cow I love them. We've all grown so close in such a short time. It's gonna be pretty hard leaving them. It's different because we've all been through this challenging, difficult,
rewarding, spiritually uplifting experience together. I'm glad to know each one of them and am confident they will be extraordinary missionaries.

This week I just want to testify to y'all about the power of the atonement. Sometimes in class we have these super deep doctrine discussions and one of them this week was about the atonement. I was
impressed by these two quotes:
"By repenting, we let God enter our lives. He is ready and willing to take away our sins, but won't do that against our will."
AND
"A saint is a sinner who keeps on trying."
I marvel at the love that our Heavenly Father and Jesus the Christ offer us daily. I think it's sad that there are so many people who don't see the love and grace they offer us daily. I promise as we utilize the atonement that they offer us that we can become better and grow closer towards him. This is something I've seen present in my life as I encounter my trials and experiences. I testify of the
truthfulness of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know this will all my might and will tell anyone and everyone of how true it is. I am going to exalt all my efforts to let everyone I encounter know of
this. He lives.

I'm grateful for the support and love I feel all around. Thank you for everything. Stay fresh, but keep it wrinkled!

Te Amo,

Elder Joyner

Alex & Sis. Bills (from Dayne's Nauvoo Mission) performing for entire MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment