Saturday, May 6, 2017

may🌸 (May 1, 2017)

Limantour beach
Hi y'all! Sorry I'm so late today! We were at the beach all this morning! It was awesome and quiet and nice! This last week was a good one. We worked really hard and were able to pick up 5 new investigators. Our count right now for contacts is at 203, so we are on our way! I really grow to love my mission more and more each day. And what? It's not May, it can't be.... ugh I wish I was in that movie Clockstoppers and could stop time for a little bit, ya? It was cool to see that video of Cole being a superstar at Relay for Life! What legend. Good luck Dwayne as ya head off to Nauvoo this week. Live it up!

It's been fun trying to hit our goal of 1000 contacts! We are literally talking to EVERYBODY. It's the best. We have fun with it. Haha Elder Angulo will be contacting someone on one side of the street and I'll be on the other side doing the same. One time we were trying to go visit one of our investigators and I was backing Elder Angulo into a parking space, when some people walked by so I instinctively started talking to them. He saw our investigator from across the street and ran out to go talk to him. (We were still within sight and sound of course :)I finished talking to these people and was about to go with him and our investigator, when out of the corner of my eye I see two others about 100 yards down the sidewalk from me. That's a good minute or so till they got to where I was, so I had to improvise and make it look like I was doing something. I pretended to get something out of the back seat and then out of the trunk and then tie my shoe and then tie my other one haha and they finally got there and we had a good little talk hahaha. We have loads of stories like that. Another one is that the other day we were getting gas and before Elder Angulo got out of the car to fill up, I gave him a pamphlet and said, "Don't come back with this." He turned to me and gave me a card and said the same thing. We were able to meet a couple cool people doing that! Hahah it's the best!

We weren't able to meet with Ivan this week due to his work, which is kind of concerning but we are still in close contact and such. We hope he can make it to his baptismal date. Lots of good stuff happening!!

I've also been reading a lot in the Book of Mormon! I'm at the end of Mormon and it's been talking a lot about the wars and contentions between the people. It's interesting to see how the Nephites fell from being such a righteous people to extremely wicked, and it all happened because of how prideful they were and how they loved their riches and things of the world. These people who Christ administered to in person had fallen because their pride and worldly things. It puts it into perspective for me and helps me recognize the truly important things. 

I really appreciate all your letters and love. It just makes my day to even hear a little bit from ya. I really do love and miss y'all! Talk to ya real soon!

Have a superb week. 

Con amor
Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment