Monday, February 27, 2017

week1week2week3week4*WEEK5*week6 (February 20, 2017)


Happy Super Rainy Monday! Monsoons are pouring over here haha but it all good and fun. There's no bad weather, only bad attitudes :) This week was pretty great! We were able to get a lot accomplished and done and such. Tuesday, we went on exchanges with the elders in Lakeport. I went to Lakeport with Elder Gibbons who has only been out three weeks. He's awesome and gonna be a great missionary! Wednesday was spent visiting some new investigators we found last week and then finishing some preparation for Zone Conference. We were actually able to set a baptismal date with someone Wednesday night. His name is Jose and is the dad of like 8 kids. We set the date for March 24th but that may have to be changed because of some other stuff we found out over the weekend. (Haha you can email me if you really wanna know what it is.) He's a good guy! THURSDAY was Zone Conference! I learned so much. They talked about repentance, blessings of a mission, living the higher law, stepping up our game with regards to missionary life in general. It was awesome! I feel there is lots I need to work on and this helped! Good fun! I always love those special types of settings where the spirit is so present. Friday was our planning day. Saturday, we had stake Conference. Let me tell you what, it was a killer session. Ok first, I got a call Thursday afternoon from President Carson (second counselor in stake presidency). He told me that the 14 out of the 20 people in the choir that was supposed to sing on Saturday night got the flu. He needed a quick back up so he asked me to sing. So I sang Abide with me a 'Tis Even Tide. That was fun. Then all the speakers in that session were killer. President and Sister Wright spoke as well as Elder Mark Davis of the 70. He got up there, looked at us, closed his notes and gave a powerful talk. You could tell he was inspired and called What an amazing experience! He also spoke in yesterday's session, which was killer! Life is good. Only two weeks left in this transfer. Tomorrow we have Zone Meeting to review the stuff we learned in MLC a week ago. That should be good! Them we have Ward Conference this upcoming Sunday. Next week we have a temple trip on Thursday so I'm not sure if p-day will be Monday or Thursday, but I'll update ya when I know. I love and appreciate all your notes and love and support. Time keeps on flyin by. Time to Seize the Day! Mucho Love! 

Con Amor, 
Elder Alexander S. Joyner





No comments:

Post a Comment