Monday, February 6, 2017

"I got bronchitis..." jk not really bronchitis (February 6, 2017)

Hey-O! Happy Monday! And happy Waitangi Day for all you Australians :) haha ALSO Happy Early BIRTHDAY Mom! I hope you have the most fantastic day and all your hopes dreams and wishes come true! Wish I could be there to celebrate with you! Know I'll be thinking about ya! Wheeew it's beeen quite the week though. 

I've basically been sick all week. I came down with a bad virus that I'm just barely getting over today. It's been tough, both physically and mentally. I've had a bad cough and sinus stuff and it's just been a mess. And then I kept feeling bad because we'd have to stay in so I could rest and then we couldn't go find or see people and ya. Luckily, after lots of orange juice, I'm getting back on my feet and we're gonna have a super awesome week. There were a couple nights where I got cabin fever so we decided to go see a couple of people. We were able to see one of our investigators that we haven't seen in about 2 months named Rodrigo. He had a baptismal date for about 2 weeks ago, but we haven't been able to meet with him. He's really good friends with our ward mission leader and some other members about his age. He goes to institute and the YSA and everyone thinks he's a member but he's not. He's still interested in baptism but we're working on repentance with him right now. We had a good lesson this week about how repentance relates back to the Atonement and how he can personally gain a testimony of Christ for himself. We really see lots of potential in him and hope he makes that final commitment and sets a baptismal date this next week! Yes!

Other than that, we were able to see a couple less active members that haven't been in a while and because of that one came to church on Sunday and bore his testimony! It was sweet! He said he's been meaning to come more consistently and because we saw him that one night, he felt impressed to come! Cool stuff. 


This week we have exchanges tomorrow, interviews with president on Thursday, and then MLC in Rosa on Saturday! Should be a good busy week! Hope y'all are doing well. I love hearing from you and thank you for the support and such. It means the world. I love y'all! Have a super week!

Con Amor,  
Elder Joyner


No comments:

Post a Comment