Monday, June 6, 2016

The Hardest Thing I Ever Loved To Do... (May 23, 2016)

GOOD DAY, ALL. I love hearing of all your adventures and such. It's crazy were all at different parts of the world; Elise in Peru, Dayne in Canada, Cole in Utah, Mom and Dad in Hawaii, and here in Vallejo. #JoynerFamTakesTheWorld I'm still super extremely jealous of all the adventures Mom and Dad are having over there in Paradise! 🌴🌴 I think I'm most jealous of the movie site tour you're going to take! Looks like you'll just have to take me back there after the mish ;) ya? Ok cool.

Alex & Elder Brock
It's been a crazy exciting week! Lots happened, so here's a recap first of Tuesday. Elder Beeston and I went down to Santa Rosa to drop him off and get his new companion. I stayed in Rosa with Elder Creighton (who was also training) and we just had a good time visiting Rosa! We had such a good time, until we had to go to the training meeting at 2. After that, we got our companions. My SON IS ELDER BROCK. He was born and lived in Costa Rica (NATIVE SPEAKER) for most of his life and then moved to DALTON, GA for the last four years! He's a little over a foot smaller than me haha. It's a funny difference. We went to the mission home and dinner with all the trainers and President and Sister Wright! That was so fun to be able to spend some time in their home. Then we went back to Vallejo and the other Elders surprised Elder Brock by making our apartment green! HAHAHA he didn't get it. He said, "What was green the cheapest thing or what?" He's a funny little guy. He is still practicing his English and he's helping me with my Spanish. We've already seen so many MILAGROS so far and it's incredible! Training is hard, but fun at the same time.

We had a great week, lesson wise! We had a lesson with our progressing investigator, Maria. We reviewed the Plan of Salvation and we're trying to set a baptismal date with her for the end of the month of June. She actually was able to make it to church yesterday too. It was really good for her, because all the members fellowshipped her so well and it was great! She said she's gonna come back next week and even come to an activity the relief society is having this week! We're really hoping to set that baptismal date with her this week too! WHOOP WHOOP

We picked up a couple other investigators, named Luis and Domilitla (son and mom). We think the son is more interested and willing to keep commitments but we will be working with both. They actually used to live by a member in the branch, which is awesome! We're trying to get her to come to a lesson with us this week. I'm excited for them!

Mosiah 2:17-19
17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.
18 Behold, ye have called me your king; and if I, whom ye call your king, do labor to serve you, then ought not ye to labor to serve one another?
19 And behold also, if I, whom ye call your king, who has spent his days in your service, and yet has been in the service of God, do merit any thanks from you, O how you ought to thank your heavenly King!

I feel as though this is directed towards missionaries. We are constantly serving and looking for ways to serve others. I especially "thank my Heavenly King" for the opportunities that are put in my path
on a day to day basis. I often think back to the scripture that says you cannot serve two masters. You're either serving and helping others, or you're not. I can promise you, as we look for ways to
minister, lift, and serve others, we WILL be blessed. Know that!

Have a magical week, not being in school and such  :) I love you so much. Take care. Have fun. Enjoy the week ;)

Con Amor

Elder Alexander Scott Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment