Monday, June 6, 2016

Memorial Day ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ (May 30, 2016)

Happy Memorial Day! What a great day today is! It's no different for us as missionaries and we don't have any special plans but I hope it's a grand day for all! Yet again, I'm very jelly of mom and dad's trip. It sounded like loads of fun and I'm glad y'all had fun on your little adventure. I thought it was funny, dad, how you mentioned that you guys could be returning in the future! Wink wink ;) OH I also hit my 9 monther this week, which honestly hasn't felt like that long of a time. It's so crazy how time just flies and won't stop for anything. I love the mish and being able to serve!

This week was a bit harder for us. I think coming off of such a good first week, it was hard to top it. We tried to see so many people this week, but we received a lot of no's or I'm busy or come by next week. It didn't really effect me, but I think it did my companion a little bit, not having quite as much experience with rejection. As part of "12 week" this week (greenie training), we watched a video on how the atonement applies to missionary work. Elder Holland said something that I think helped which was something like, "Missionary work is not easy because Gethsemene was not easy. Salvation is not a cheap experience, nor the path to it. To really understand and comprehend the atonement, we must endure even the smallest bit of it in our lives." This hit me hard. I'd heard it before in the MTC, but hearing it again now was different. I'm coming to understand all the hardships of a mission, both mentally and physically, are for the benefit of others. It all leads back to serving and loving those around you.

We were able to have a lesson with Maria. We talked about prayer and how through prayer she may be able to receive her answers. It's difficult to work with her because we don't exactly know how much she understands what we teach. We're pretty sure these problems limit her from comprehending the message we try and get across. This makes it difficult because she doesn't remember what we teach her and doesn't receive that confirmation that it's true. We've tried to set a baptismal date with but she keeps telling us that she's been baptized and then we explain priesthood authority and she accepts baptism and then forgets it the next lesson. We're not sure what to do haha. We fasted yesterday, because we were going to have a lesson after church with her, but then she wasn't there when we showed up. We'll see what happens though. We have some other potentials were going to meet with this week!

We had interviews with President on Wednesday, which is always a treat! We would go into interviews and then while we were waiting we talked to sister wright just about anything and everything. I love them! Trust me, you would too!

I think that's all I got for this week. I can't think of anything else. Anyway, have a good week. I do sincerely and deeply love you all. Take care. Stay safe.

Con Amor

Elder Alexander Scott Joyner


No comments:

Post a Comment