Thursday, December 24, 2015

FELIZ NAVIDAD (Dec 21, 2015)

HOLA FAMILIA. Wow It's crazy to think I get to talk to the Fam this week! That's supa supa exciting. So yes the plans for that is that I will give you a phone call around 2ish when I'm ready and then we can configure the Skype call. Then once Elise has to go, we can finish up. I'm able to get to use the computer at a bishopric member's house. I'm super excited to talk with y'all!

It was sad to hear the loss of Uncle Don this past week. I know it must be a hard time for the Dowdle family, but it sure does help to know the power of the atonement and the gospel that we have in our
life. It's a special think to KNOW that we will see our loved ones again after this life. That's one of the most important principles we teach as missionaries. I'm praying (and if we were aloud to fast more I would) for the families and friends of Uncle Don.

This past week we had our Mission Christmas party! It was fun and I was able to see my dad (first companion in the mission) and have a good time. We did a lip sync competition to Christmas songs, where each zone would pick a Christmas song to lip sync to! We did hark the herald angles sing by Pentatonix and It was supaaaaaaa fun! I'll try and send that video on! We also had the ward Christmas party and the bishopric asked the missionaries in the ward to make a skit, so we did just that. We did another lip sync to the song, "Donde esta Santa Claus?" That one was so much fun! Now that one I will be sure to send!



Someone asked me about Christmas plans! So Christmas Eve we have dinner and then some caroling. On Christmas, we are going to get up and go do some service for a while, and then have the rest of the day to Skype and visit members and really do whatever. It'll be a fun day! This week we have different activities going on too. For example, we are going to flash mob the mall with Christmas carols, and were also giving out some hot chocolate to the homeless, and different things like that! Should be a good time!

For this week, the lucky scripture chosen was Alma 7:10-13:

"10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the
Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.

11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to
the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me."

Seeing as it is Christmas time, this scripture seems very appropriate to ponderize this week. This scripture pretty much explains itself so I don't have too many additional comments to add. I do like in verse 10 where it says that Mary was a "precious and chosen vessel." That just sounds so spiritual and uplifting to know that it wasn't just some random person, but that she was a prepared and chosen personage to deliver the Lord, Jesus Christ into this world. The rest of the scripture talks about really why we need a Savior. That is something I have asked many people whilst doing the Christmas initiative this year. Why do we need a Savior? As Christmas approaches this week, ponder that question. Think about what it really means to you. Why do you personally need a Savior? I can testify that he was born for us, so that we might live again. It is my witness, as a representative of
the Lord Jesus Christ, that He Lives. I put on my tag every morning knowing this eternal truth. I hope with all my heart you can find that too.

Have a good Christmas all and enjoy time with family and friends. It's a special time! Take some time and enjoy and relax. Can't wait to talk Friday! Love to all!
Con Amor

Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment