Monday, June 19, 2017

"Tomorrow's Forecast: God Reigns and His Son Shines" (June 19, 2017)

The District
Hey y'all! Happy Hot pDay! It's sure heating up here in Petaluma! Yesterday was probably the worst it's been, up to around 100 degrees or so☀️ Keeps this fun! I always love hearing about how eventful your weeks were. Happy Father's Day Dad, Grandaddy, and Papa (and all other fathers out there :) I was really able to reflect on how much you've done and given for me and I am extremely grateful for you and your examples. Much like BeyoncĂ© says, "You're Irreplaceable." ;)

Elder Pederson & Elder Joyner

Ok lets see what happened this week! So we have this new investigator named Brian, who I'm not sure if I told you about last time. He's about 18. It's an interesting story how we found him. So about a month and a half ago, we were in Adalberta's apartment complex just tracting around, and there is this lady getting stuff out of her car. We go up to her and offer to help and accidentally scare her. Haha she was super nice and we were actually able to introduce the Book of Mormon to her. Her name is Maria! She told us we could stop by her house that was on the other side of town. So time passes and we try and stop by and visit her and she's not home for various reasons, but each time we knock her house guess who answers? Her step brother Brian! Initially, he wasn't interesting in hearing from us but about two-ish weeks ago we ask him if we could share the new Prince of Peace video and he accepted! Last Monday night, we decided to stop by and see him again! We taught him the restoration and introduced the Book of Mormon. He seemed pretty sincere about it and said he would read the intro. We were gonna go back last Thursday, but we're bummed when he wasn't there. Saturday, we had some extra time so we decided to go see if he was home and invite him to church. He was there and told us that he had read the introduction and the first 15 pages, which is incredible because most people don't even keep that commitment! We were able to teach him the plan of salvation and he just seemed to "get it." We invited him to be baptized at the end of that lesson and he said he will think and pray about it. He's really solid and we're super excited for him. We unfortunately had to drop Adalberta for right now, but I think it's just curious to see how maybe we found Adalberta so that we would be in her apartment complex that day so that we could find Maria so that we would go knock on her door and find Brian. Coincidence? Definitely not. Wow God is good.
The Pink Slip

We also had interviews with President this week. Although this one was short, he assured me that my next one would be lengthy, seeing as it would be my last one. Mom, just so you know he said that August 1st will be my release date, which puts me at 6 short weeks left! Ahhhhh, weird. This one was interesting.  I came out of the interview with a different feeling that before. I came out feeling like I just had a good talk with one of my best friends. I'm very grateful for the relationship I have with President and Sister Wright. I would not trade it for the world. What a beautiful, marvelous, wonderful thing it is!

We were also able to set another baptismal date with this older man named Ignacio. I was on exchanges the week prior and he walked up to us saying that he had read the Book of Mormon before but left his copy in Mexico and asked us for another. We graciously gave him one and set a return appointment. We went back last Tuesday and had a good lesson with him. He accepted baptism for the 29th of July and said that he is waiting and praying for an answer to know if the Book of Mormon is true! Cool stuff!!

Well, we're working harder than ever. Going out with a bang! We are doing well with our goals and are close to achieving several of them I told President this week, that even if he tried, he couldn't stop Elder Pederson and I from working this hard. He just kind of gave his President Wright chuckle and walked away! Gotta love him. 

Thanks for all y'all do! I love and appreciate you. Have a super fantastic spiritually uplifting week! 

Con Amor,
Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment