Monday, November 21, 2016

El Día de Acción de Gracias!! (November 21, 2016)

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! It doesn't feel like that's already here but I guess it is, believe it or not. We had our ward thanksgiving party on Friday and it just felt like it was still August or something. Can't believe how fast time flies! I hope y'all have a super good day on Thursday and can eat lots of turkey and stuff! We have plans to go to cousin David's first and then to Obispo's house. We have some other activities planned for that day but I'll let ya know next week. Should be good!!

We had a pretty cool miracle happen on Friday. We went to go to a lunch with a member. Afterwards, she had informed us that the owner of the restaurant (a friend of the member) had wanted a blessing. We said we'd love to do it and help him out. We met with him and kind of explained what a blessing was and then Elder Hall (one of the Spanish elders), only being a couple weeks out, gave his first priesthood blessing. Although the spanish was a little bit broken up, it was such a strong spirit that was there in that blessing. We could tell he felt it too. We told him that he could have this same spirit to be with him always, and that through Jesus Christ he can find peace and comfort in this crazy life. He said thats something he wanted to learn more about; we set up a return appt for the following sunday (yesterday) and we were actually able to go back and teach him the restoration. I feel like time and time again Heavenly Father keeps proving to me that he is in the small details of our lives. If we hadn't have gone to that lunch, we wouldn't have met him and picked him up as a new investigator. I'm grateful for the spirit leading us to those who the Lord has prepared. 

We had a good lesson with Yezli! She had read the chapters we left with her and invited her to pray before she read. She did! She told us the scriptures came to life when she read them and was so much more clear to her this time! I love the scriptures and the lessons and principles we learn from them! I invite you all to better your study of the scriptures and to more fully read our "letters from home."

With Thanksgiving this coming week, I am full of gratitude; for my mission, for my calling, for my mission president and his wife, for my family, for my friends, for my Savior, for His Gospel, for everything. Thank you for all you do. Know i appreciate it so very much. Have a super week!!

Con Amor

Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment