Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A1Week1 LETS GO (November 7, 2016)

Hey hey!
It's super good to hear from y'all. And btw Cole and dad why are you putting up Christmas lights already? It's not even Thanksgiving. That's a little crazy. And Thanksgiving and Christmas are super soon too. How did that happen?? Time is definitely flying. 

This week was crazy! First, on Monday after PDay we got a call from Obispo saying that we needed to rush over to an Hermanas house cuz she just gotten her kids taken away from her. So we rushed over, still in PDay clothes, and tried our best to comfort her. We were able to give her a blessing and sing a hymn with her to help her feel better. Her story is a longer one and it's a little more complicated, but hopefully she'll be able to get them back very soon. We had transfers on Tuesday and I had to say goodbye to some dear friends, but that's ok because it won't be too long before we can reunite. Elder Crowley and I were running all over the place trying to get stuff ready and make sure everything went smoothly. I'm now with Elder Sidwell, who was trained by Elder Atkinson. He's from Logan, UT and such a goofball! I've already been serving around him for one transfer but it's fun to be his companion! We'll definitely have a good time this transfer. We still live with Elder Crowley, and now his new greenie, Elder Hall! He's from Littleton, CO. We love the four man mansion haha. The rest of the week consisted of either Elder Crowley and I working on tech stuff, or Elder Sidwell and I exploring our area. It's funny because I already know a little of this area because i served here in August when I was with Elder Atkinson. 

Our teaching pool isn't too big right now, but we're gonna change that :) We do have 3 or 4 possible baptisms this transfer, but I'll update ya more on that as it comes. There is one lady who is for sure getting baptized soon. Her name is Yesli. Her boyfriend is a less active member who is starting to return. She so ready! She's waiting for her residency papers to come back so she can get married so she can get baptized. It's crazy! They eventually want to go to the temple and get sealed, but for now it's just a waiting game. So keep her in your prayers!

I'm so very grateful for each and everyone of you. I love being a missionary and on the Lord's errand. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he suffered for each one of us. If you have not already come to the same knowledge, I invite you to do so. You will be blessed because of it. I love you and hope you have a sicknastysweet week! 

Con Amor

Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment