Thursday, September 22, 2016

Ocupado, Ocupado, Ocupado! (Sept. 19, 2016)

Last lunch with current AP's & Tech Elders
Hello everybody! Happy Monday. I hope you've had a fantastic week. It's crazy that September is almost over. So tomorrow is transfers, which means this past week has been crazy getting ready and such. It's kind of crazy what's happening. I'm staying Tech Elder but I'm technically getting transferred. Right now there are three areas in the Spanish ward and me and my new companion will be going back to work in my greenie area. Elder Atkinson will stay in this area and train. So me and my new companion, Elder Crowley, will be the tech elders but do our work in the Spanish ward. So not a huge change, just to drive down the road. I'm excited to go back and see all the people I taught when I was first there. We are hoping to find a lot of success! I'm excited for this new and upcoming transfer. This week will be crazy because tomorrow is transfer day and most of the rest of the week will be spent preparing for the mission leadership council that we will have on Friday. Next week we have general conference, and the weeks following we will have zone conferences. This transfer is going to fly by.


Elder Atkinson and I had a great last week the transfer. We were able to see our investigator Aura and her husband Ed, and had some really wonderful lessons with them. We really stressed the Book of Mormon and it's importance and how we need to do the basic things like read, go to church, and pray to get a testimony. It's amazing because Ed has become more of a member present, helping us teach lessons and bearing strong testimony, which really helps bring the spirit and testifies to his wife that the church in the Book of Mormon is true. It is also helping him become more active in the church. Obispo Escamilla is even going to give him a home teaching assignment. We did also service for them on Saturday which really opened up their hearts and help them see the importance of living what we teach. I'm sad to leave this area and our investigators and members, but I am excited to go back to my greenie area and work with Elder Crowley!

La Fiesta!

This past week with Mexican Independence Day, so we had a party to celebrate on Saturday. The ward very distinctly remembers the Mamacita skit that the missionaries did at Christmas and expected them to have one just as good if not better. So with the little time we had, we made something up and they loved it! I'll send you that video later.




Scripture from Elise  - Mosiah 2:41

41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven,that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

Even though we talked about commitment last week, it's important to repeat it so that we learn. I think it's important to state that does keep the Commandments will be blessed both temporally and spiritually. It also says if we keep the Commandments and hold out faithful to the end, then we will be received in heaven and we can dwell with God in a state of never ending happiness. How cool is that! Never ending happiness? Sounds good to me. It's such a cool bargain. I'll we have to do is keep the Commandments and endure to the end. That simple. Although sometimes it's hard, we have to push through and trust God, our loving heavenly father. Our salvation is something he wants. He will help us get there. We have to go back to the basics and work on our faith in him. May we all look for ways on how we can get better each and every day.

I love you and I'm grateful for you and all that you do for me. I could not do what I do every single day without your support and love. Please know that I pray and ask my father in heaven to give you safety and protection and strength to carry-on. The power of a mission is real. I'm grateful for my mission and my calling. Have a fantastic week!

Con mucho amor,


Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment