Monday, January 18, 2016

Week of the Indoors (Jan 16, 2016)

¡FELIZ DIA DE MLK! I'm super pumped that today is MLK Jr. day! Although, it's not really celebrated, I kinda want to do something to celebrate lol. Hey someone should send me the 'I have a dream' speech, cuz I kinda want to read it! It sounds like it's been a slow/sickies week at home with everyone being sick and all. It's that time of year when everyone gets hit with it. That seems to be how my week was this week too. I personally didn't get sick but my companion did. He kinda wasn't feeling the best all week and then Thursday night decided he needed to stay in. He wasn't feeling good Friday either and called the mission nurse and she said he probably had the flu or some type of it. So we were inside from Thursday night through all of Saturday. It was soooo long and I got super bored. I cleaned everything like twice. I watched the restoration and Thomas Monson movie (on gospel library) like four times. We also have loads of gold balls in our apartment (don't ask me why cuz I don't know lol :) so I made a little something. Also since I had a little more time, I cooked some real good dinners and such that I'll send on to you mom! You'll be proud. We didn't really have many other lessons this week because no one was home when we tried to see them. I felt super unproductive and such but hopefully this week will be better.

So mom asked some questions that I'll try and answer. So our branch is actually pretty big numbers wise. The majority of them don't come but we have lots of people "technically" in the branch. Presidente Rico, our branch president who gave me the bike, has been president for about a year and a half. Haha yes he's white and quite the character. The people are from everywhere in Mexico but mainly Mexico City or Guadalajara. I feel like there was more of a mix in Rosa though. Usually work brings them to the states. I do like my companion. He's different from my other ones but it's good. The Zone Leaders are crazy. Since we don't have a car, we get rides with them sometimes and so we see them a lot. Elder Alcivar is the one from NY and you can hear his accent big time. I love it! I took the bedding I had from my last apartment to this one so its the same. And yes I'm staying warm with my coats 🤗 It's been raining like ever since I got here too. It's crazy! California needs it but like wow. Rain. So for our car, there's a couple sitting at the mission office and we asked the AP's and they said they need to fix the tiwi (or the thing that monitors our speed) in them and then we should get one. So hopefully within the next couple weeks!

Oh so the Facebook thing. So technically I'm not allowed to be "friends" with anyone from home. You're only supposed to follow me, which should show up on my home page. Sometimes, though, it's weird and I have to accept friend requests from people first, then they follow me, then we Unfriend each other. That's why I accepted yours, mom and dad. So you need to go press the follow button them Unfriend me and see what happens. I'm not exactly sure how that works but I'm pretty sure something like that. Let me know!

Here's the scripture for this week!

D&C 78:17-19

17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;

18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.

19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.

ME ENCANTA ESTE ESCRITURA    porque lo habla sobre las bendiciones que Dios tiene para nosotros. Para mi, pienso que es muy increíble que ¨el Padre tiene en sus propias manos y ha preparado para vosotros.¨ God has blessings that have been set aside for us. No one else can take
them. He has in his "own hands," the very hands of our Heavenly Father, blessings for each one of us. He know's that this life is tough but he has promised to "lead you along." God doesn't break promises. If he did, he wouldn't be God anymore. Also, as we are thankful unto him we'll be made glorious! HOLY CANOLI doesn't that sound so wonderful! I'm extremely grateful for how generous and loving our Father in Heaven is.

We get to participate in a world wide broadcast for missionaries and mission presidents this Wednesday. We'll go on Wednesday at 9 and watch it! Then Thursday we have zone conference which should be fun! This should be a pretty good week! I hope all jour wildest dreams come true. Love y'all!


Con Amor

Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment