Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Napa Trapped (Jan 11, 2016)

HOLA TODO!! Pues, I'm in Napa! Transfer and everything went super Bueno! I was able to meet up with Elder Atkinson (one of our ZL's) in Rhonet Park and then headed over to Napa. My comp is Elder King and he's awesome! He's from Pleasant Grove and has been out about 14 months. We live with the ZL's, Elder Atkinson and Elder Alcivar. Elder Atkinson is from Kamas, Utah and Elder Alcivar is from the Bronx. It didn't take very long for us to start kidding around with each other! We have a good time. The work is kinda slow here. I feel like not much is being done but I want to change that this transfer. Our Branch President is super cool too! He actually just got called not too long ago, but he's really good for the branch.
Elder King & Elder Joyner

So yes mom, we are on bike for now. I kinda had a predicament/funny story with that this past week. So I got here and all and there were no missionaries I could borrow a bike from (well that my long legs could fit on), so I just assumed I needed to go buy one. I could either get a cheap one and expect to have to make repairs throughout its use on my mission or I could go with a little more pricey one and not have to remark it as much. I had decided with the latter. We went to go look at bikes and I found one that would suit me well. I tried to make the purchase, but my card declined. I decided to wait until the next day until I could call Wells Fargo and see what was up. I called and saw I didn't have enough money in my checking account so I moved a little over to try and go get the bike, but alas my card declined again. I had then remembered that I have a $300 limit per day. We just went about our day cuz I didn't know what to do. We went to President's later the afternoon and heard about my bike predicament and said he had one I could use, so that's the one I'm using rn. Also it's in the works to get this area a car, so don know how long I'll be on bike much longer. It just goes to show how God watches out for those who serve him, because if I would have bought that bike I would've been out a couple hundred dollars. (Sorry that was so long. That was just for mom to know that's why some money was moved from my checkings to savings, but you can move it back now if you want)

Our apartment is nice, but not as nice as the other one we had. I'm excited about this transfer here. Not much else happened this week so here's some scripture.

D&C 4

"4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;"

How true, how true, said the sour Kangaroo. I love how this was received in 1829 and even then the field was white already to harvest. People are ready to hear the gospel. God prepares those to be ready. It has been shown that the average number of times a person comes in contact with the gospel before they actually take it into consideration is 8. There are people waiting for us. We just have to
find them. And not just us missionaries either, EVERYONE!!! There could be people waiting for you to go talk to them, or share a scripture or something! I like how it next says basically that we should try with everything we got, because it deals with the salvation of souls. I really love this scripture because we recite D&C 4 and this particularly always sticks out to me. It's really special, so thanks Cole Man for picking it!!!!!! Let's all be missionaries and bring all unto Christ.

OH ONE MORE THING. So yes I was able to make a FACEBOOK for the mission. I'm not allowed to friend anyone from home but you are allowed to follow me and like my posts. My name is "Elder Alex Joyner." I can see other accounts but can't friend anyone. Oh and dad, like I was saying I had to deactivate my other fbook account but just a week, so it's active again if you wanna put my posts on there.

Thanks for all the love and support. I'm so very grateful for each and everyone of you. Stay strong. Have a good week. Show em who's boss.

Con Amor, 
Elder Joyner

Oh yes, here is my new address!

2962 Soscol Ave #71
Napa, CA 94559

No comments:

Post a Comment