Thursday, November 19, 2015

HAPPY BIRFDAY 2 DWAYNIE POOH (Nov 16, 2015)

Yo yo what's the hizzle?! FIRST HAPPY BIRTHDAY DWAYNEEEEEEE. I HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH MAGIC AND APPARENTLY SNOW?! I LOVE YOU. YEET.

Alex & Doug Porter
WELL What a week it's been for both me and from what I've heard, everyone back home too! We had stake conference here Saturday and Sunday, and they were reorganizing the stake presidency so we had Elder Smith and Elder Zaballos here for the weekend. It was a good conference! Yesterday, I was able to meet up with Brother Porter since he was in town helping his mom move and such. It was super good to see another Georgian and talk for a little bit! I got a nice surprise package from Alec this week which was super kind treat! I also got a couple letters from Claire and I was told one is on the way from Alexa! It's super encouraging to know I have support from Family and friends back home! I'm trying my best to respond as quick as possible, but forgive me if I'm a little slow sometimes.

Our area covers out to Bodega Bay(the coast) and we go out there to proselyte once a transfer, so on Saturday we were able to go near the beach area! It was soooo super pretty! Maybe it was just that day, but the Pacific Ocean is different from the the Atlantic. I'll send you some pictures from then. Also, today we're going back there to spend P-day there. Of course we can't get in the water, but we're going to spend some time there. I'll try and send more pictures that I get when we go there today.

I was saddened to hear of the events that's happened in Paris this week. We're actually at a dinner and I could hear the news channel from the other room talking about it. It confuses me why people choose
to commit these terrible acts. It honestly doesn't make sense to me. But it isn't our place to judge. That is only God's job, and when we make different judgements like that it shows that were trying to "play God." But no that is not our job. We have to leave that to the all knowing God who knows our true thoughts, acts, and intentions.

I hope Granddaddy is doing better. That's a scary surgery to have! The Santa Rosa South Zone definitely has prayers coming your way!

Lessons have been kind of scarce this week. We're just praying super hard to find people we can teach. We have a couple progressing investigators but it's few and far between. We're still trying hard
though!

This week's ponderizing scripture was D&C 8: 2-4;10.  It says:

"2 Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.

3 Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground.

4 Therefore this is thy gift; apply unto it, and blessed art thou, for it shall deliver you out of the hands of your enemies, when, if it were not so, they would slay you and bring your soul to destruction.

10 Remember that without faith you can do nothing; therefore ask in faith. Trifle not with these things; do not ask for that which you ought not."

This is talking hugely on THE HOLY GHOST. As members of the church, we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. We receive revelation (or spiritual promptings) through our thoughts and feelings of the heart and mind. It's cool because it's the same spirit that the prophets of old had. It's the same spirit that Moses had when he was leading the people through the Red Sea. Or the same that Noah had when he was commanded to build the ark. WE CAN HAVE THAT. HOW COOL IS THAT?! One
thing I think we tend to forget is that it's a gift! God gives us many gifts or blessings, but this is one of the most amazing ones!! It's a gift, but there are NO REFUNDS and NO EXCHANGES. (And heck why would you want to!?) We're able to have a member of the Godhead with us at all times, but we have to do certain things to allow him to be with us. We have to apply it, like the scripture says. It's not a decoration gift that you get once and then take it home and hang it up on your wall. You take and have it with you always. It can do stuff like, "deliver you out of the hands of your enemies." BUT you have to have faith to make it work. So faith is like the batteries you put in it to make it work. They're more like rechargeable batteries though. The ones that you have to continually keep charged and energized. Dayne mentioned in an email that he's been thinking about and pondering how to discern your thoughts from spiritual promptings. There's this that was given in the MTC by Elder Bednar that helps very well. He says this: "The way to discern spiritual promptings from your
own thoughts? Be a good boy. Be a good girl. Follow the commandments. And QUIT WORRYING ABOUT IT. If you're being a good boy/girl, and following the commandments, then shouldn't all your thoughts be spiritual impressions? Act upon impressions even if you don't know why." But it all goes back to God's will and what he would have happen at that time. Ok sorry I'm done with my spiritual word vomit now.

Cole chose next week's which will be......... Joshua 1:8. Again, I extend the invitation to all not in the Joyner clan to ponderize this scripture, and to email me your thoughts and feelings on it.
Church from the movie "The Birds"

Church from the movie "The Birds"

Transfers are a week from Tuesday, which means we find out about what is happening with the transfers this Saturday. I'm most likely staying here because I'm new, but ya never know! So I'll let ya know about that next Monday. Next week is also my THREE MONTH MARK. WOAH CRAZY.

I LOVE YOU ALL. I love hearing about everyone's lives! Until next week! Stay fresh and stuff

Te Amo

Elder Joyner


No comments:

Post a Comment