Monday, July 18, 2016

Transfer 8, Week 4 (July 18, 2016)

Happy Pday! We are already half way through July wow! S/O to Cody who heads home this week. Congrats buddy! You've been a big example to me. The rest of the Fam, you always sound busy doing something fun. Hey Dwayne, leave the flipping to the gymnasts ;) There are so many people
moving out of the ward, back home. Wow it'll be even more different in a year. Keep truckin along! Oh and safe travels mom and Cole! This has been a fun week!

We had Zone Conference this week up in Napa! Whoop whoop, road trip! It was super bien! I was definitely impacted by the things I learned from the spirit. President talked about how we define success as a missionary, which has been something that has been weighing on my mind recently. I've been reflecting on his I've been out for close to a year and haven't seen as much "success" as others. I was kind of slapped in the face (with a chancla) at zone conference for this. First, I realized I was comparing myself to others and this numbers game. Què malo! Then, I realized how could Heavenly Father not be proud of me. I'm out here serving him 24/7 for Pete's sake. I felt an overwhelming love come from above and I vowed not to get down on myself again.

I also have had several experiences with prayer this past week. The importance and power of prayer is incredible. I had asked a member of the district to teach the commandment "pray often" in district meeting on Tuesday and I learned a lot. I learned that when we are including someone in our prayers or asking a blessing for someone, we are taking our agency, our God given gift to choose, and saying oh it's not about me right now, but turn all your power and attention to this person, which is such a powerful thing. I've been working on making my prayers more meaningful and not just "going through the motions," as Cody mentioned in his departing letter today.  Why has it taken me so long
to realize that? We can't just go through the the motions. It has been said and said and I'm just now getting it. I'm also working on truly changing my heart and becoming converted unto the Lord. I want to able to stand before the Lord one day and say, "Yup, Dad I did everything I could. Thank you." I feel as though I'm rambling and now making so much sense, but it's just what the spirit is bringing to my attention right now.

I'm really grateful to be on my mission at this time. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, doing anything else right now. I know I'm supposed to be here in Vallejo for a reason and Gosh darn, I'm just super grateful for that. I'm grateful for your support and love and for everything. Thank you.

We have a baptismal date for Maria in two weeks. I'm really implementing the things I've learned on prayer, for her. I feel like every prayer I'm pleading with the Lord to help her get baptized. I really want the best for her and want her to enter into the waters of baptism. We have a lot of investigators with potential, we just need to keep working with them and see what happens.

I think that's it for this week Fam! I love and appreciate you. Have a good week!

Con Amor

Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment